You can help kids and yourself get safely to and from school by volunteering to be a crossing guard at the three way stop just outside of school entrance. Your help will also free up GSAs to be on campus directing students from the many entrance exit points.
The people that would be most helpful for this job would not be afraid of putting up their hands to stop traffic and asking kids to wait and go when it is safe to do so. There will be a 5-minute training and you will get a safety vest and maybe even a flag to hold. Super Awesome!
- This job will take about 15 minutes each time: for arrivals 15 minutes before the bell and for departures 5 minutes before and the bell and 10 minutes after.
- Ideally the people volunteering to do this job would sign up for one slot one day (or multiple days) a week for the rest of the year.
- This could be one or two adults each time, they could switch weeks, whatever combination of commitment gets these time slots covered
- Starting the week of April 26th
- The times are as follows:
- Arrival 7:40 am – 8:05 am
- Dismissal 10:25 am – 10:40 am
- Arrival 11:40 am – 12:05 pm
Please use this link to sign up and share with your friends https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E044AA8A92FA4FC1-crosswalk1
Thank you for your support and showing up to help our kids!