If your student is attending in-person learning at Cherry Crest, please notify email@example.com by April 8th if you will be traveling out of Washington state over spring break, and what date you will be returning to Washington. We will let you know when you need to submit a negative covid test for your student. Students and staff who travel outside of Washington cannot return to the building until they’ve quarantined for 7 days and submitted a negative covid test taken 3-5 days after returning home, or you may quarantine for 10 days after travel if you don’t get tested. https://bsd405.org/back-to-buildings-plan/faq/#quarantine
Spring Break: April 12-15.
All grades remote learning: April 19-23.
All grades return to building for in person learning: April 26th.
Are students and staff expected to quarantine after traveling?
Yes. Travel increases your chance of spreading and getting COVID-19. The CDC recommends you delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19, even if you are vaccinated or have previously had COVID-19.
According to the CDC, if you must travel, take steps to protect yourself and others:
- If you are eligible, get fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Before you travel, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who did not travel with you.
- Get tested 3-5 days after your trip and stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel, even if your test is negative. If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.