We also have several positions to fill with enthusiastic volunteers – no experience needed!
- Dessert Dash Coordinator: The dessert dash is a fun, fast paced game for distributing delectable desserts (for bids!) to auction tables above and beyond the plated dessert. The role involves procuring delicacies from local businesses or can be homemade, which should be acquired, delivered, and set up on the night of the event.
- Physical Signage Manager: To get the word out about the auction we need to put up physical signage – a banner at the entrance, smaller ones for sticking in the ground around school, posters to hang in the school such as to describe where the auction funds get used, etc. We have a logo but we need someone to plan out the signs, get them printed, and put them up.
- Catalog: We distribute a physical catalog to each family that includes the event program, live and silent auction items etc. Knowledge of Publisher or Mac equivalent likely important. This is a short term but time sensitive task in the late February – early March time frame.
- People/Data Managers: Several behind the scenes positions for the night of the event – Data manager, volunteer manager, and general timeline manager. If you want to be at the event but keep busy, this could be just the role for you! The two roles that involve managing people resources will involve communication and coordination with the broader team within the last 6 weeks before the event as well as the night-of commitment.
- Fun Coordinator: Every year we have several games that are run on the night of the event. In the past we have done heads/tails, Canlis raffle, “mystery box” (small boxes of chocolates, half have some other prize), etc. This coordinator would plan what games we run, purchase the supplies, create signage as appropriate, and manage the external volunteers that will be in attendance to help run them on the night of the event. This is a great one to grab a friend and be creative!
In addition to these specific roles which we want to fill, there will also be opportunities for “hands on deck”, such as invitation stuffing party, and night of event setup. Email email@example.com for more details!