Kind World Explorers
In the Kind World Explorers classes, kids will:
- practice mindfulness techniques which can be used in daily life
- practice social-emotional learning through character development craft/game activities (awareness, compassion, responsible decision-making etc.)
- reflect individually and as a group to share feelings, thoughts, and problem solving
- reflect individually and as a group on ways to practice character strengths and help make our world kinder
12 Character Strengths:
The camp curriculum focuses on 12 specific character strengths in the following Kind World Explorers guidebook series. Parents are welcome to choose a character strength they would like us to focus on. In 3 classes, students will dive deep in learning about ONE character strength, beginning practice towards themselves and ending in the community.
- Harmony series: gratitude, generosity, forgiveness
- Purpose series: collaboration, curiosity, perseverance
- Courageous Kindness series: empathy, compassion, love
- Honesty series: awareness, authenticity, flexibility
What is needed:
- Each child will mainly need access to coloring/writing material and paper for each class. If any additional supplies are needed a list will be sent to parents in advance.
- Access to zoom
Weekly, 40min. classes held between 12:00-4:30 pm.
Each session of 3 classes will focus on ONE character strength.
Camp Kindness Counts is also offering Virtual Clubs (for families/friends), Family Service Events, and a Winter Break Camp.
Click here for more details.
Click here for more information on the mid-winter break camp.
Camp Kindness Counts is 1 of 16 organizations selected globally invited to be a parenting partner of UC Berkeleys’ Greater Good Science Center. With their partnership, we have developed Kind World Explorers.
Additional partners include Bellevue School District (past 5 years to support Social Emotional Learning of students), Allegro Pediatrics and Eastside Pathways to name a few.