Visit the Washington state Reflections website to learn more about the program and entry rules.
A student may submit an entry in any of six arts areas. Only original works of art are accepted. The six art areas are:
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
The National PTA Reflections program supports student success and serves as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in the school community. Students with disabilities may receive special accommodation by entering the special artist division.