Cherry Crest Elementary is starting several clubs to help our students stay connected to our school community:
- What is it? The Gardening Club is a place for young nature enthusiasts to learn and grow. Every member will receive a small bag of seed starter soil and a few seeds available for pick up at Cherry Crest (drop off services available for qualifying families). Young gardeners will start their plants at home and transplant seedlings to school garden upon safe return to school. Other activities will be introduced by student interest and inquiry. Learning opportunities may include designing a dream garden, concepts of interplanting, introduction to permaculture, elements of regenerative agriculture, composting, planting from food scraps, plant identification, home garden tours, and gardening as resilience. We will be gardening on the Puget Coast Salish land, home to Duwamish, Muckleshoot, Puyallup, Snoqualmie and Suquamish people.
- Who Can join? All students in grades K-5.
- When Does it Meet? Every other Tuesday from 2:30-3:15pm, starting the week after mid-winter break.
- How to Sign Up? Contact Ms. Feuling to sign up: email@example.com
- What is it? The Storyteller’s club is for students interested in drama, presentation skills, and telling stories! Members will attend meetings, learn a folktale, and use their dramatic skills to tell the tale. Mrs. Repass will be leading this club.
- Who Can Join? This club is for 4th and 5th graders.
- When Does it Meet? Thursdays at 2:30pm, starting the week after mid-winter break.
- How to Sign Up? Apply by February 10th at this link.
Jump Rope Club
- What is it? Join Ms. Brison for a half an hour of jumping each week!
- Who Can Join? All 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students are invited to join.
- When Does it Meet? Wednesdays from 11:00-11:30am, starting February 3rd – March 17th (no club during mid-winter break).
- How to Sign Up? All eligible students will receive a Teams invitation. Simply ACCEPT the invitation to jump for 6 weeks with Ms. Brison, or DECLINE the invitation to opt out. Students can email Ms. Brison with any questions: Brisonj@bsd405.org.
Lunch Bunch Club
- What is it? The Lunch Bunch Club is for students new to Cherry Crest this year (2020-2021)! It has been difficult to make friends this year due to online learning and being at home rather than at school. Let’s talk and play games to practice friendship skills so when you do return to school (hopefully later this Spring) it will be easier and you’ll feel more confident about making friends.
- Who Can Join? The club is targeted to 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders, with a total group size of 4-6 members.
- When Does it Meet? Thursdays from 11:30-12:00pm, starting the week after mid-winter break. Ms. Christensen, Cherry Crest’s school psychologist, will be leading this club.
- How to Sign Up? Contact Ms. Christensen to sign up: Christensena@bsd405.org