WHY DO WE FUNDRAISE?
Basic education funding by the State of Washington continues to rank as one of the lowest in the country. In the Bellevue School District, budget problems are overcome with levies and fundraising. Local PTSA at individual schools play a key role in helping their community by funding local needs at each school.
Cherry Crest PTSA mission is to serve as a resource to unify parents, teachers, students and the community to support our Cherry Crest staff. We provide outstanding educational enhancement opportunities for every child and work on building a strong community.In particular over the years we have been able to
- Consistently provide funds to the school for a significant number of Instructional Support Hours in the classroom at every grade level, providing more one to one instruction opportunities.
- Funds the entire Curriculum Enhancement, an exceptional teacher-led program that allows every child to benefit from many unique experiences, at school or at field trips, at no additional cost to the families.
- …and so much more!
How? In a typical year we hold three main fundraising events, spread out during the school year to allow families to plan and donate accordingly to their capabilities.
1. Walk-A-Thon – Typically held during the first 2 months of school, students walk and collect pledges! The Walk is followed by an All Family Fun Carnival open and free for all to participate.
2. Read-A-Thon – Typically held during the week that includes Thanksgiving break, students collect pledges for the number of pages they read during the fundraising period.
3. Cherry Crest Annual Auction – Typically held during late March or April, the annual auction is an adult-only evening party that celebrates and collects funds for our students as well as the broader Cherry Crest community.
Our objective is to have 100% participation from all families so save the dates and plan your donations accordingly! The long-standing generous contributions from our parents have helped make Cherry Crest – and the outcomes our children enjoy – the pride of our community. Your support to our fundraising efforts is critical to maintaining Cherry Crest Elementary School’s level of excellence.
➤ Cash Donations
➤ Buy a Brick
Double your donation! Don’t know how to match?
Looking for some information?
We can help!
Please contact PTSA presidents email@example.com